Connecticut These proposed amendments to the Regulations Concerning Underground Storage Tanks (USTs) are in response to the federal Energy Policy Act. The proposed regulations include, but are not limited to, provisions regarding:
- requirements for containment sumps at the tank top and under the dispensers;
- when sumps would need to be installed;
- monitoring and testing requirements for secondary containment systems;
- procedures and requirements for approving Operator Training programs;
- certification of three levels of UST Operators and their respective roles;
- a system by which all UST Operators may obtain certification by August 2012;
- methods of correction for any deficiencies which may be identified in Operator Training programs; and
- the applicability of the UST regulations.
A public hearing is scheduled for July 28, 2010 at 10 a.m. All interested parties are also invited to present their views on the proposed regulations. All comments must be received by the close of the public hearing and will not be accepted or considered if received after the close of the public hearing.