The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation has proposed amendments to Title 18 of the Alaska Adminstrative Code dealing with underground storage tanks (USTs). The changes affect:
- Requirements for secondary containment;
- UST operator training;
- Temporary closure or out of service USTs;
- Notification requirements for USTs that fail an inspection;
- Delivery prohibition;
- Product and equipment compatibility;
- Routine maintenance; and
- Assessment of excavated soil during UST removal.
Comments to the proposed amendments must be submitted before 5:00 pm on Monday, October 31, 2011.