Tait offered the First Online A/B UST Operator Training Course in Illinois. Now, TAIT has completed our first classroom session of Class A/B and Class C UST Operator Trainings and Certifications in the State of Illinois.
Tait gave one Class A/B session and two Class C sessions to fulfill a full day of training. Tim Uhrik, who helped in the development of the training program, proctored the course. The Class A/B course was successfully completed within 4.5 hours (yes, we give the students a break). The individual Class C courses were completed within 1 hour. Each course has an associated exam. A/B exams are 60 questions, and C exams are 10 questions. The class went well – everyone passed the Certification Exams on their first try!
Our Illinois A/B course covers a variety of topics with regards to USTs:
- Class A, B and C Operator roles and responsibilities
- Overview of UST systems
- UST operator requirements
- Release detection
- Record keeping
- Release reporting, confirmation, and corrective action
Tait’s overall objective is to educate the prospective Class A or B operator on the State of Illinois and USEPA Federal Regulations governing the operation of underground storage tanks. The course will prepare students to take our online Class A or B UST Operator Certification Exam.
Topics covered with regard to the Illinois Class C course include:
- Introduction to a generic UST facility including the major fuel system components and emergency equipment
- The roles and responsibilities of the Class A, B and C Operators.
- Site-specific emergency procedures development
- Emergency contact procedures
- Safety awareness for employees and customers
- Overfill prevention
- Monitoring of the UST facility
- Fire safety and introduction to fire extinguishers
- Alarm panel recognition and response procedures
- Fuel spill containment and cleanup
The focus of our Class C Course is to provide an overview of the training needed to respond to emergency conditions at underground storage tank (UST) facilities.
Tait offers a day of training starting at $4,000 and is willing to fill the day with a combination of A/B and C courses. Have you scheduled your classroom training, yet? Contact us today!