Funding Still Available – HazMat Grant Application Extended to Nov. 15, 2013
Considerable funding remains to be awarded
TAIT Environmental Services has extensive experience in the preparation of Hazardous Materials Area Plans (Area Plans) to meet the needs of individual CUPAs to respond to and minimize the impacts from a release or threatened release of hazardous materials in their jurisdictions.
Area Plans must be updated every 3 years in accordance with the CA Code of Regulations. Let TAIT help you with Compliance! TAIT also has experience in the preparation of Hazardous Materials Commodities Flow Studies (Commodities Study). If you’re considering completing an eligible project and you’re looking for funding – please don’t miss this opportunity! The grant deadline is November 15, so the sooner we can help you get your applications submitted, the better.
2013-14 HMEP Planning Sub-Grant – Extended Deadline –
November 15, 2013
If anyone is need a planning grant, there’s still time.
This link 2013-14 Planning Sub-Grant Application Announcement_Extended is the Cal OES 2013-14 Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) Planning Sub-Grant Application Announcement.
The guidance documents and all necessary forms are posted to the Cal OES web page
http://www.caloes.ca.gov/HazardousMaterials/Pages/HMEP-Grant.aspx. Most products have been revised, so please use the most current information located on the Cal OES HMEP Grant web page.
Major points of interest:
- Purpose of the HMEP Planning Grant: Planning sub-grants are to be used for the funding of planning activities that enhance State, territory, Native American Indian tribe (tribe), and local preparedness for hazardous materials (hazmat) transportation incidents.
- Eligible applicants: California’s Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPCs); state or local agencies; and federally recognized tribal governments that have not applied directly to the U.S. Department of Transportation for funding.
- LEPC Coordination: Application packages must be coordinated through the LEPC for their approval and prioritization prior to Cal EMA acceptance.
- Sub-Grant Performance Period: October 15, 2013 approx. December 15, 2013 to September 15, 2014.
- Cal EMA Filing Deadline: August 15, 2013 November 15, 2013
The Sub-Grant Application Announcement was sent out originally in April, with a deadline in August which has now been extended to November 15th. Take advantage of the funding that is still available. Contact Neverley Shoemake if you have any questions about the HMEP Grant cycle, and contact Scott Brehmer at TAIT for assistance ASAP. We are happy to help 🙂