TCEQ’s COMPLIANCE PUSH – UST OPERATOR TRAINING
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality required AB UST Operator Training be completed by August 8, 2012. TAIT traveled across the state holding training courses, and still offers courses online or in the classroom for groups of 20+. The TCEQ has recently begun to send letters to over 10,000 UST facility owners regarding their compliance with the UST Operator Training requirements. They track compliance with the training requirement through the Self-Certification process – requiring owners to list the names and training certificate number or a copy of the certificate be included with the annual filing.
We are well versed in the Texas UST regulations, and regulations for other states across the country. More than a training company, we are a licensed UST installer/remover in Texas, and across the US – when there is a difficult fueling scenario or compliance issues, TAIT is the go-to company. TAIT makes it easy to meet the training requirement:
Click here to register online http://pstinstruction.com/collections/all/products/bulk-discounted-ust-operator-online-training
Call us to register via phone: 972-680-5120
Here is a screenshot of the ordering system. When ordering multiple training courses, TAIT offers a discount. Ask us how we can coordinate your training program today!
EPA has requested the TCEQ verify the compliance rate since the TCEQ could only provide information that about half of the UST owners had proven compliance with the training requirement.
The TFFA, our training partner along with 360 training, prepared Regulatory Alert #546 so TFFA members could forward the information and the Regulatory Alert to their customers that own and operate underground storage tanks. It is likely the TCEQ will soon target enforcement against those facility owners who fail to respond to the agency’s letter.
334.603(b) – states 72 hours:Owners and operators of underground storage tank facilities (except unmanned facilities) must maintain required training certification documentation as described in §334.603(b) of this title (relating to Acceptable Operator Training and Certification Processes) on-site and must provide it upon request to a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) or TCEQ-authorized investigator. Documentation may be maintained electronically off-site if that facility has the capability of producing a clear printed copy which can be provided to a TCEQ or TCEQ-authorized investigator within 72 hours of the time of the investigation. Owners and operators of unmanned facilities must provide documentation as requested by a TCEQ investigator or TCEQ-authorized investigator.
- Energy Act of 2005
- PST Spill Prevention Guide
- Self-Certification Form – Owners/operators must submit training certificates with this form, annually
- Operator Training Info
- PST Super Guide – A comprehensive guide to compliance in Texas
- Is Your UST or AST Regulated? – A brief overview of requirements for tanks used to store fuel or other petroleum substances
- Renewing your Delivery Certificate – for fuel deliveries to PSTs
- Financial Assurance – requirements for PST tank systems
- Labeling your Fill Pipe – instructions
- Construction Notification – requirements for USTs and ASTs
- PST Registration Database – where you can verify your UST compliance certification, self-certification
- TCEQ Records Services – TCEQ file rooms and copy center location and services offered
- Aboveground Storage Tank Registration Form – for ASTs only
- AST Facility Plan – when and how to submit
- Edwards Aquifer Forms
- PST Registration Program Contact Information – click to email
- Vapor Recovery (Stage I and II) – information, requirements and exemptions